Follow my Blog on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Because LOVE compels me

"Don’t suppose for a minute that I have come to demolish the Scriptures—either God’s Law or the Prophets. I’m not here to demolish but to complete. I am going to put it all together, pull it all together in a vast panorama.

God's Law is more real and lasting than the stars in the sky and the ground at your feet. Long after stars burn out and earth wears out, God’s Law will be alive and working."


Matthew 5:17-18 (MSG)


BECAUSE LOVE COMPELS ME

(Poetry by Ruby Neumann:
 with inspiration from Exodus 20)

Because LOVE compels me 
I love God, my Creator, my Father
No one rates higher than He does

Because LOVE compels me
The things of this world don't take the place
 Of my Father's passionate affection for me

Because LOVE compels me
 I choose to honour God and who He is
 With thoughts and words and songs 
of thanksgiving and praise

Because LOVE compels me
I rest in God's peace

Because LOVE compels me
 I cherish the two people who
 With God's LOVE
Gave me life

Because LOVE compels me
 I want to love and support
 And encourage  my neighbour

Because LOVE compels me
 I am faithful to my husband

Because LOVE compels me
I want to work hard for the things I am given

Because LOVE compels me
 I want my word to mean something

Because LOVE compels me
I am grateful and thankful and content
 With what God had given me

Jesus came so
That we would no longer be ordered to obey
 But compelled to LOVE

Jesus came not only to show us that
 LOVE is stronger than obedience

But He came so that
 His LOVE would be real in us

God's law is LOVE

The Most Important Command


When the Pharisees heard how he had bested the Sadducees, they gathered their forces for an assault.  One of their religion scholars spoke for them, posing a question they hoped would show him up:  "Teacher, which command in God’s Law is the most important?"
 Jesus said, "’Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list.  But there is a second to set alongside it: ’Love others as well as you love yourself.’  These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them." 


Matthew 22: 34-40 (MSG)

1 comment: