Follow my Blog on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 10, 2013

THE BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD!


Jesus commented, "Even more blessed are those who hear God’s Word and guard it with their lives!" 
LUKE 11:27
 Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me.  If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You’ve even seen him!"  
JOHN 14:6-7
 "You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you’ll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren’t willing to receive from me the life you say you want.
JOHN 5: 39-40

I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED BY YOUR RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING TO CALL THIS BOOK THE WORD OF GOD.  CHECK OUT WHAT THE BOOK ITSELF SAYS ABOUT THE WORD OF GOD.  

TRY THIS.  SUBMIT JESUS FOR THE WORD OF GOD. (HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW).  IT WORKS IN BOTH THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT PASSAGES.  SEE THE BIBLE FOR WHAT IT WRITTEN FOR... JESUS' STORY.  SEE JESUS IN THE STORY OF SCRIPTURE.

I'LL LET THE STORY CONVINCE YOU.  

  (ALL REFERENCES ARE FROM THE MESSAGE, YOU CAN TRY THE SAME THING IN OTHER TRANSLATIONS. YOU WILL GET THE SAME PICTURE. ) 

" The word of God came to Solomon saying,  "About this Temple you are building-what’s important is that you live the way I’ve set out for you and do what I tell you, following my instructions carefully and obediently. Then I’ll complete in you the promise I made to David your father.  I’ll personally take up my residence among the Israelites-I won’t desert my people Israel." 1 KINGS 6 11-13

***


"Then the Word of God came to me: "Son of man, now turn and face the mountains of Israel and preach against them:  'O Mountains of Israel, listen to the Message of God, the Master. God, the Master, speaks to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and the valleys: I’m about to destroy your sacred god and goddess shrines.  I’ll level your altars, bust up your sun-god pillars, and kill your people as they bow down to your no-god idols.  I’ll stack the dead bodies of Israelites in front of your idols and then scatter your bones around your shrines. Every place where you’ve lived, the towns will be torn down and the pagan shrines demolished-altars busted up, idols smashed, all your custom-made sun-god pillars in ruins.  Corpses everywhere you look! Then you’ll know that I am God. " EZEKIEL 6: 1-7

***
" But that night, the word of God came to Nathan, saying,  "Go and tell my servant David, This is God’s word on the matter: You will not build me a 'house' to live in.  Why, I haven’t lived in a 'house' from the time I brought up the children of Israel from Egypt till now; I’ve gone from one tent and makeshift shelter to another.  In all my travels with all Israel, did I ever say to any of the leaders I commanded to shepherd Israel, 'Why haven’t you built me a house of cedar?'
 "So here is what you are to tell my servant David: The God-of-the-Angel-Armies has this word for you: I took you from the pasture, tagging after sheep, and made you prince over my people Israel.  I was with you everywhere you went and mowed your enemies down before you; and now I’m about to make you famous, ranked with the great names on earth. I’m going to set aside a place for my people Israel and plant them there so they’ll have their own home and not be knocked around anymore; nor will evil nations afflict them as they always have, even during the days I set judges over my people Israel. And finally, I’m going to conquer all your enemies.  When your life is complete and you’re buried with your ancestors, then I’ll raise up your child to succeed you, a child from your own body, and I’ll firmly establish his rule. He will build a house to honour me, and I will guarantee his kingdom’s rule forever.  I’ll be a father to him, and he’ll be a son to me. I will never remove my gracious love from him as I did from the one who preceded you.  I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will always be there, rock solid." 1CHRONICLES 17: 3-14
***


"As they went from town to town, a lot of people joined in and traveled along. He addressed them, using this story:  "A farmer went out to sow his seed. Some of it fell on the road; it was tramped down and the birds ate it. Other seed fell in the gravel; it sprouted, but withered because it didn’t have good roots.  Other seed fell in the weeds; the weeds grew with it and strangled it.  Other seed fell in rich earth and produced a bumper crop. "Are you listening to this? Really listening?"
His disciples asked, "Why did you tell this story?"
 He said, "You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom- you know how it works. There are others who need stories. But even with stories some of them aren’t going to get it: Their eyes are open but don’t see a thing, Their ears are open but don’t hear a thing.
 "This story is about some of those people. The seed is the Word of God.  The seeds on the road are those who hear the Word, but no sooner do they hear it than the Devil snatches it from them so they won’t believe and be saved.
 "The seeds in the gravel are those who hear with enthusiasm, but the enthusiasm doesn’t go very deep. It’s only another fad, and the moment there’s trouble it’s gone.
"And the seed that fell in the weeds- well, these are the ones who hear, but then the seed is crowded out and nothing comes of it as they go about their lives worrying about tomorrow, making money, and having fun.
"But the seed in the good earth- these are the good-hearts who seize the Word and hold on no matter what, sticking with it (him) until there’s a harvest."  LUKE 8:4-15
***
 "Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness,  pace,  faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon.  In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. EPHESIANS 6:13-18
***
 "Think it over. God will make it all plain.
Fix this picture firmly in your mind: Jesus, descended from the line of David, raised from the dead. It’s what you’ve heard from me all along.  It’s what I’m sitting in jail for right now-but God’s Word isn’t in jail!  That’s why I stick it out here-so that everyone God calls will get in on the salvation of Christ in all its glory.  This is a sure thing: If we die with him, we’ll live with him;  If we stick it out with him, we’ll rule with him; If we turn our backs on him, he’ll turn his back on us; If we give up on him, he does not give up- for there’s no way he can be false to himself." 2 TIMOTHY 2:7-13
***


"Then I saw Heaven open wide-and oh! a white horse and its Rider. The Rider, named Faithful and True, judges and makes war in pure righteousness. His eyes are a blaze of fire, on his head many crowns. He has a Name inscribed that’s known only to himself. He is dressed in a robe soaked with blood, and he is addressed as "Word of God."  The armies of Heaven, mounted on white horses and dressed in dazzling white linen, follow him. A sharp swordcomes out of his mouth so he can subdue the nations, then rule them with a rod of iron. He treads the winepress of the raging wrath of God, the Sovereign-Strong.  On his robe and thigh is written, King of kings, Lord of lords." REVELATION 19:11-16
***
"Now that you’ve cleaned up your lives by following the truth, love one another as if your lives depended on it.  Your new life is not like your old life. Your old birth came from mortal sperm; your new birth comes from God’s living Word. Just think: a life conceived by God himself! That’s why the prophet said, The old life is a grass life, its beauty as short-lived as wildflowers; Grass dries up, flowers droop, God’s Word goes on and on forever. This is theWord that conceived the new life in you."  1PETER 1:22-25

"God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it-no matter what. Now that we know what we have Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God- let’s not let it slip through our fingers. We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all-all but the sin.  So let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help." HEBREWS 12:16





No comments:

Post a Comment